"The actions of Pre-canonical prophets led to the deaths of so many people that we cannot regard these prophets as good men." Examine this view. To what extent are Zimbabwean prophets involved in life saving activities?
®In order to answer this question ,one must overcrowd himself/herself with fundamental questions inline with above question. For instance
- Who are the Pre-canonical prophets?
- Were they involved in life saving or in the death?
- Which prophet killed and which prophet saved the life?Answer
©The question requires one to indicate the prophets who led to the deaths of so many people .The Pre-canonical prophets we are referring to likes of Moses,Elijah, Ahijah,Samuel,Jehu,Jadon,Nathan,Gad.
- Moses killed the Egyptian ,even though it is argued that he was not yet a prophet,the above point is supported by Exodus 2 v 11.
- Moses was involved in the holy wars with Amalekelites during the exodus event on which so many innocent people lost their lives ,this is supported by Exodus16.
- Elijah butchered 450 Baal prophets and 400 asherah goddes during the Mount Carmel contest ,this is evidenced on 1 kings 18 v 36-44.
- Elijah went on to kill so many people when he was about to leave Elisha and sons of prophets, this is supported by 2kings 2 v 1-10.
- Ahijah of Shiloah ignored the status of Jeroboam's son who was sick ,as a result he died. This is supported by 1st kings 14
- Samuel and sons of prophets championed holy wars especially against Philistines and Amalakelites ,this led to the death of so many innocent lives (1 Samuel 7 v 1-9&1 Samuel 13-16).
- Nathan over the issue of David's son with Bethsheba the wife of Uriah.
- The are so many examples which can be added to support the above claim.
- As much as Pre-canonical prophets were involved in death of so many people, it will be a violence on a plain language to ignore the other side of the coin. This will be demonstrated on the ongoing work.
- Pre-canonical prophets were also involved In life saving for instance Moses prayed for the Israelites when Yahweh had punished them with fire ( Numbers 11 v 1-9)IN ZIMBABWEAN CONTEXT
- Some of the Zimbabwean prophets just like Israel prophets there are involved in the death of so many people .For instance
©the famous stampede which happened during Magaya's crusade in Mbizo stadium is another example (2014,according to Zbc)
©The death of a baby during Makandiwa's service is another example (Christ TV undated)
©The media went on to record the Zionist prophets who baptized a church member who was sick in Masuwe river 5km away from Victoria falls in 2010,who ended up dying during the baptism .HOWEVER
- As much as Zimbabwean prophets are involved in the death of so many people, it will be miscarriage of justice to ignore the view that they are some Zimbabwean prophets who partake in life saving .This will be fully displayed on the ongoing work
®There are some Zimbabwean prophets who have been involved in life saving .This include the following prophets.
©Magaya ,prays for so many people who will be seriously sick as a result they are being healed,this happen on daily basis in Harare where the church of the prophet W.Magaya is situated. ©Makandiwa prayed for the dead baby and the life was restored during the church service, this is according to Christ TV undated.
©Byo24.com and B-Metro in the early days of the month of February recorded the Vapostori prophets who failed to bring back the life of the dead person in Byo ,the point is that at least they are trying to take part in life saving.Conclusion
©You know the demands of the question ,show the extent and examining the view that Israel prophets cannot be regarded as goodmen for being involved in the death of so many people. Zimbabwean context is clear.
Witness Dingani (Facebook page)
- Witness Dingani